Sunday, July 8, 2007

7 years ago today...

...we walked down the aisle together as man and wife. The exact happenings of the day are starting to get a little blurry but I will never forget standing on the alter saying my vows. It was an amazing, exhilarating feeling and I couldn't stop bouncing with joy. Oh how time flies.

It is also amazing to me that I still love this man the way I did in high school. Sure, it is a more mature love now but I still get butterflies in the moments when I wait for him to get home from work or when we have been apart for awhile. I love that I am still in love with him.
Over the last few weeks we have been inundated with weddings. First it was my brother's wedding June 23rd, which was stunning if I must say so myself. Then we attended a more causal ceremony at church yesterday. Both made me itch to get married again. We have always said we would renew our vows at 10 years. I think we really will now. Well, maybe we will go on a tropical vacation instead. Who knows.
Here are some photos of us on our wedding day:

2 comments:

Faith said...

Happy (belated) anniversary! (our 7th is coming up in a few weeks too!) I love the pictures. You look totally gorgeous!

kittens not kids said...

i remember you bouncing around...i thought you were nervous! (i know I would be....the thought of standing up in front of a whole lot of people to be married terrifies me!)

love(d) your dress, too!