Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tough day

For some reason Zoey just has days when she wakes up mad at the world. Everything infuriates her. She screams and cries about putting on her socks, her breakfast options, the weather, who walks down the stairs first (?). On these days there is no reasoning with her or for that matter making her happy. She is just upset about everything and when she is upset she is really upset. Only a few people have witnessed her true fury and they probably never want to again.

Today is one of those days. She had some minor meltdowns this morning before school but as soon as I picked her up at noon she was miserable. First she cried in the car because the animal crackers were in jug instead of a bag. Then she cried because her juice cup wasn't with us. Then she wanted to watch a dvd but the player isn't working. The ride home is maybe 10 minutes long and I didn't get one minute of silence. Poor Delaney just stares at her like she is a freak. When we got home she cried because I wouldn't let her play in the snow. Then she cried because I made her use the potty. It was unending. So, I put her in her room where she proceded to scream bloody murder for about 15 minutes and then fall asleep. She slept for almost 2 hours and I'm hoping our evening will go better.

I'm not sure if every pre-schooler acts this way or if I'm just blessed with a spirited child. I have seen one of the girls on the show John & kate plus 8 act this way, Maddy. She is 6 though. Zoey isn't even four yet and she already has an opinion on everything. I guess I was this way when I was a kid. My mom tells stories about how bad I was. I was a good teenager though so maybe that will be my reward.


Here she is at 11 months . A forshadow of things to come.

1 comment:

amy a said...

Sophie can't talk yet, but she has an opinion on everything also! If we put her down somewhere she doesn't want to be she spits rasberries at us. She also does this complaing cry thing...she lets you know she is not happy! I have always thought of her as "spirited," bit I hope it is not a sign of things to come!