Monday, February 9, 2009

Mopping

Thursday is my cleaning day. I mop the floors, clean the kitchen, change the sheets, vacuum and try to organize toys. Last week while I was getting things started Zoey asked if she could help by mopping the bathroom. This isn't a rare thing since both girls like to take a turn with the swiffer or broom. So, I said sure thinking she was going to pretend to mop. Well, I started working and then about 15 minutes later heard her yelling to me from the bathroom. I opened the door and found this. Zoey had filled her little bucket with water and hand soap and actually mopped the bathroom floor. She hadn't taken up the rugs or moved anything out of the way. The whole room was soaked! The best part was she was in complete ballerina getup and standing on the stool in the middle of the room mopping around herself. Luckily for her I was in a good mood and was able to laugh about the whole thing.




1 comment:

Faith said...

Wow, a mopping ballerina!! Andrew and Elijah love to mop too. Whenever I say that the next day will be a Cleaning Day they get all excited and will ask every moment "when are we going to mop?!!" Unfortunately for them, Lavella has a knack for running on mopped floors regardless of wetness, so I have to wait until naptime or bedtime, and they usually end up missing out on the "fun". :)