
(This summer we will celebrate our 10th anniversary.)
We began living together in Lockport, NY in a 2 bedroom apartment. I worked in the office at a precious metals refining company and Zach was going to school to finish his Masters degree. We had a lot of great times and hit a couple of rough patches being a young couple trying to make it all work. Our amazing bond kept us together through it though.

In July we bought our first home and I got pregnant. We started to feel settled into the North Country. In April 2004 Zoey Adele was born. There is no way to explain how she changed our lives. She made us a family!

During my pregnancy and especially after her birth I started feeling a deep need for God in my life. I spent a lot of time reading the Bible and in prayer. We sent out on a hunt for a church to belong to. We found Calvary Assembly of God in Carthage in January 2005. Thank God! The church family we found is amazing! The helped us grow and develop a new relationship with Jesus. Zach was baptized August 2005 and I was re-baptized in April 2006.

We decided to add to our family and in February 2007 Delaney Alyce was born!
She is a lively one! I call her my blond bombshell.
Another huge change in my life was when I joined the Watertown MOMS Club. I found a group of ladies who understood my joys and struggles as a mom. I became the president of the club the next summer and what once was a small group of 10 moms has grown into a large club with 35+ members. I have made some amazing friends who have really touched my life.
In June 2008 we started a remodel on our house. This included adding 300 sq feet addition which doubled the size of our kitchen, added a master bedroom suite and second bathroom. It came out beautiful and was done on time for us to move in right before school started. You can imagine how this changed our lives!
Old kitchen
New Kitchen
Sept 2009 Zoey started kindergarten! My baby is growing up so fast! She is a very smart little girl and is excelling in school.
Both girls are growing up so fast! They make every day a challenge but it is so worth all the struggles. They truly light up our lives. This year they are both taking dance class. They just had their winter recital and both loved it. We are very proud of them!
We are still active with church and host a weekly Life Group at our home. It has really kept us strong as a couple and Christians. We had an amazing Christmas this year and we are anticipating even more fun in the future!
2 comments:
This is so cool! I'm so glad to be a part of the next 10 years!!!
loved reading this post. what a full, blessed 10 years you guys have had together, with many more to come!
Post a Comment