





Seeing our cousins blog today reminded me that we never posted pictures of our apples this year. Here are some pictures of Zoey and Zach harvesting our apple trees. They really have a lot of fun doing this together. We get about 5 big buckets full and some are good to eat right off the tree. The rest we peal, core and slice up. Then we freeze them and are able to make apple bread, pie and sauce whenever we want. Right now I have 6 gallon size bags in the freezer. Yum, I think I'll do some baking today.
2 comments:
i'm envious...i'd love to have fruit-bearing trees!
no apple recipes - my favorite apple product is real western new york cider.
apple brown betty is pretty delicious though - i had it once and keep meaning to try making it myself.
i cannot believe how old your girls are! and i can't believe how EXACTLY like a grown-up cheerleader Miss Zoey looks in the pictures below.
I went as a cheerleader for halloween when I was 4 or 5. It was a freezing cold year and my mom made me wear a big old coat over my awesome costume. i remember being horrified that the cheerleader costume had to be covered up....
it's funny: in close-ups, Zoey looks very anderson-y to me, but in the more distant shot (with the pom-poms) she looks SO much like you!
Thanks. Yes, they are growing up way too fast! I agree, I think as she gets older she is starting to look a little like me. Delaney on the other hand looks more and more like her father every day. Her blue eyes really do it.
The apples are wonderful and we didn't even know the trees were there when we bought the house. It was such a bonus! ~A
Post a Comment