I am feeling really sentimental about Delaney turning one. I am pretty sure that she will be my last baby and sometimes that really bothers me. She weaned herself last week and now it seems that she is growing up too fast. I wish she could stay a baby forever. I love babies but I have a hard time sometimes with kids. I feel like taking care of Zoey at 3 1/2 is ten times harder than a newborn. She needs me to entertain her constantly and her propensity for fits is sometimes overwhelming. Zach is 100% sure he is done so it would take a lot of convincing on my part to get him to give in. I'm not sure I want to have to convince him either. I guess it will all depend on what the future holds.
I took this picture of her at the window in Zoey's room the other morning. With a little tweeking in photoshop it developed into a sweet signature for my chatboard.

4 comments:
ooh, that insatiable need to be entertained! the little girls i babysat a couple summers ago were like that, especially the older one (she was 4): i HAD to play with her, or be an active audience for whatever she was doing. It's exhausting! it's so much work to be a parent - I really do not know if I could ever handle it.
maybe delaney will become "entertainment" for zoey in a few more months? i don't know....
it's really neat to see kids grow into the ability to self-entertain; i notice this with jacob.
when is delaney's actual birthday? it's february, isn't it? around valentine's day? she is an absolutely dreamy adorable baby, by the way - that photo is gorgeous, too. it has such a vintage look to it - could be a 1940s baby!
Her birthday is Feb 17th. Thanks!
This is a beautiful picture! She looks so adorable in it!
I am the opposite. I find it really hard to be with babies all day long. I love toddlers and preschool age children. I am very excited for when my kids grow out of this baby stage, and we can do a lot more together. This baby stage has been so hard, somedays I don't think I could ever do it again with another baby. But just like your comment, we will have to see what the futer holds.
Yes, I've been thinking about whether Lavella should be our last or not too...it is sad, in a way.
Delaney has weaned herself? That's always the saddest moment for me, when I realize that they're really not a baby anymore, but a toddler. Saying goodbye to that phase is the hardest. =( She looks so beautiful in that picture!
Because of the holiday season I got so behind on your blog. I'm glad to see that Zoey's surgury went well, and I can't believe the Delaney is walking! The boys and I were just watching the "walking with hippo" video and they thought it was really funny. They wanted to watch it over and over! =) Hugs and kisses to your little people!
Post a Comment