Monday, April 21, 2008

What is this bug?


Yikes! This bug was on the mirror in our bathroom last night. It totally freaked me out. It looks like a cross between a spider and a millipede. Yuck!

3 comments:

AmyElizabeth said...

I believe it is commonly called a 'House Centipede'. I had never see such a nasty little bug until we bought our house. The problem is that bug killer won't do the trick- they feed off other bugs living in the walls of your home, so the goal is to kill the other bugs so they have nothing to eat. Oh, and did I mention that they sting? They are particularly common when the seasons change and they enjoy damp areas (might be why it was in your bathroom). Google it for more info. Good luck!

Mom2Zoey said...

Thanks. It was the first time I have ever seen one. I googled it and aparently they are pretty good to have around, sort of. They eat cockroaches and spiders. It is still freaky looking though.~A

amy a said...

ohmy! I can't believe you let it live long enough to take a picture! I call those bugs "the scariest bugs on earth". Watch out, they jump! eww...I am getting all creepy just loosking at it!