Saturday, January 20, 2007

The story of Saturday

It's Saturday and we have just been bumming around the house all day. Zoey and Zach did go out and play in the snow for awhile this morning though. I took advantage of the free time and read a magazine with a cup of hot chocolate. It was wonderful.
Winter has definitely shown her ugly face around here. We only have about 6 inches of snow on the ground but it is cold. I was getting so used to the warmer weather and I was hoping that we wouldn't have to shovel ever. Of course I knew that wouldn't happen but I hoped. At least it held out this long.
Tomorrow is Zoey's first birthday party. She is really excited to see the kids and play. My only concern is that she is going to freak out when they open presents. She is pretty spoiled and has never had to watch another person open presents and not get one herself. I might have to occupy her with something else while it is going on.
Oh gosh I almost forgot! I got the cutest baby tights on the planet the other day. They are all white but then at the feet they are pink with a velvet bow and made to look like the baby is wearing little mary jane shoes. I can not wait for the baby to wear them!

1 comment:

kittens not kids said...

AAAGH! the cutest tights EVER!!!! i love maryjanes, and i love tights...and i love maryjane tights!

i keep wandering into the little kid clothing sections by mistake (i get VERY daydreamy and absentminded when clothes shopping), and then I coo over the little cutey outfits.

do not be shocked if one day a box of unspeakably cute baby clothes (with kitties on them!) shows up at your house one day......

ps. glad to hear the baby and you are doing well! i'm getting excited to hear about the little one's arrival!!!