Zoey has had an interesting week. It seems like she has decided to grow up over night. Of course this is causing me some issues because it totally throws off my plans. Here are the changes this week has brought:
No naps? Zoey has always been a napper. She usually goes down around 1pm and sleeps until at least 3pm, sometimes longer. It gave me a wonderful break and I was counting on it to be my alone time with the baby. Starting this Monday she has decided to either not take a nap at all or only stay in bed for 30 minutes or so. She goes down without a problem but then just gets up and comes downstairs half an hour later (this ties into my other issue too). I tried marching her back upstairs and settling her down again but she just does gets up again. Can a 33 month old be done with naps? She seems to have enough energy for the day and she doesn't get cranky (except about the usual things). I am putting her to bed earlier to make sure she gets enough sleep. The books say 12-14 hours at this age so 7:30pm-7:45am is ok.
Then my second issue which ties into the first. How do you keep a toddler in bed? Zoey has taken to getting up and leaving her room in the morning now. I guess I should just be happy that she stays in bed all night but the 7:45am wakeup to her standing next to my bed is a little unsettling. Up until now she would stay in bed and call for me to come get her. I don't know what started the getting up herself. I am nervous about her wandering around the house and possibly falling down the stairs at night. I also don't feel safe locking her in there. I guess I'll just have to put the gate back on the stairs during the night.
Ok, so those are the troubles the triumph is she actually used the potty on her own. I have just backed off on it the last few weeks because I was aggravating her with it. She would actually yell at me when I suggesting using the potty. Well, Monday night she went into the bathroom on her own, pulled her pull-up down and went pee! Then she did it again on Wed and actually pooped yesterday. I didn't even suggest it, she did it all on her own. I am very excited about this because I was sure I would have a five year old in diapers. We will see how things progress especially once the baby is here but I am confident.
I went out shopping yesterday because I felt good and wanted to use some of my gift cards from Christmas. I got some great deals at Old Navy, Kohl's and Victoria Secret. I love how things are $45 before Christmas and $19.99 a few weeks after. I might have pushed it a little too much because I had a rough night. I woke up about 1am with an intense pain in my right side. It felt like a hand or foot was trying to break out but there wasn't any bump. I had to get up and walk around for awhile to move things in there. It helped and I felt better in a few minutes but after that my hips hurt. I am staying in today and relaxing. I got my pans and I am going to start my cooking tomorrow. ~A
No comments:
Post a Comment